Saturday, April 25, 2009

Truth for my soul, explosive diapers, and homeade tamales

Rodney, Abigail and I had a busy day today! Our good friend, Marisol, graduated from the College of Biblical Studies today. Her education was put on hold with marriage and a baby, so it was most exciting to celebrate with her today...

The surprise -- We got to listen to Norman Geisler give the commencement address. I was challenged. He quoted AW Tozer (this is the Katie Harms paraphrase...): What I believe about God is the most important thing about me. He then went on to say that our beliefs have consequences.

I was challenged -- and go figure, my reading today was in Romans 1. I confess that I so often exchange the truth of God for a lie and am self-serving (rather than God glorifying). It's been an especially hard week for my soul. I have not been casting all of my cares on the Lord, who cares (immeasurably more than I can ever know) for me.

So I was so thankful for timely truth :)

And as far as explosive diapers today -- Abigail had two. I don't mind when she has them at home, but out in public, it's oh so much more difficult. Leakage on my pants, Rodney's shirt, yuck yuck yuck. Poor little Abigail. I only had one change of clothes (note to self for future) but one explosion was only minor...

But it was a good day;) I got more practice feeding on the go, though I did find quiet places to retreat. I still have a long ways to go before Abigail and I are pros at feeding on the go;)

And...the most amazing part...

Tamales -- they are wonderful.

Marisol's parents are from Mexico, and her dad is a pastor of a small Hispanic congregation. So I ate authentic tamales. They are delicious and so cool! They wrap them in corn husks...who knew? I am still full from the delicious fare this afternoon. Yum!

And I can't end this "spilling of my thoughts" without saying how excited I am that I am now an aunt! Evalina had Miss Eleanor Jane early Friday morning. We can't wait to meet you in May, Ellie.

The cousins Abbie and Ellie are two blessed little ladies.

And of course -- what is a Harms blog posting without pictures?

Abigail on my lap earlier this week -- cute

You can start to tell that I really am trying to walk everyday in the Houston sunshine :)
"Yum, my hands taste so good." Yes, she has her hands in her mouth all the time now. I think she's going to learn by tasting everything.


"Hey mom, look how flexible I am!"


Aren't I cute!

1 comment:

jana said...

Yum! Mike's family makes homemade tamales too. We have to spread the masa in the husks and everything. Now I wish we had some! :)