Friday, April 17, 2009

Play Time and Daddy Time

We have been enjoying spring here in Houston, TX. The weather has been picture perfect this week (though today we are having thunderstorms). My shoulders are actually a wee bit sunburned after a long walk, followed by chatting with my neighbors underneath the hot sun. So out came the aloe vera on Wednesday! I am looking forward to using the pool this summer with Abigail. She still has a few months to go before she'll be ready for the pool, but by July and August, I hope I'll be sunkissed and she'll be a happy water baby.

Abigail is still doing really well at night. She is regularly sleeping from about 10:30pm to 7am, which is a huge blessing. I've been staying up later at night, though, so it's my own fault if I'm tired. The munchkin is certainly a happy sleeper. She does really well with her morning and afternoon nap, though she still hates her early evening nap -- unfortunately for Rodney, that's just about when he gets home from work. We had a few hard evenings this last week. It just reminds me to thank God that she hasn't been colicky (and is just fussy when she's sleepy or burpy). She's growing up so quickly! I can hardly believe that she's almost 12 weeks old.

This is what she does when she's tired of tummy time (after about 5 minutes). She buries her face and cries. Poor thing. You can probably imagine me saying, "This hurts me more than it hurts you..."



She is getting more used to the Baby Bjorn, and we have enjoyed taking her for walks (sans stroller).

I caught my two favorite people at the end of their reading time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's so cute and getting so big so quickly... I love how she holds her nose while she sucks her thumb! :)