Friday, August 24, 2012
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
We have had a plentiful harvest this year! We've been eating zucchini bread, zucchini lasagna, chocolate zucchini cake, zucchini pancakes, sauteed zucchini, and grilled zucchini. I've also frozen a bunch for later use and given a lot to friends. This weekend, we're planning to make a batch of spaghetti sauce. Last weekend, I made a batch of plain tomato sauce. I've also baked an acorn squash and a small pumpkin. The pumpkin isn't quite Libby's, but it made good pumpkin bread. Sugar and Spices make almost anything good! Our second batch of raspberries has also been very plentiful. We get about two cups every other day. So even though our peas, beans, beets, and corn were enjoyed by the deer, we still consider our first garden a success!
Abigail loves helping in the garden!
Now that Hannah is walking, she is less "photo cooperative". She'd much rather be off climbing or walking than sitting still for a picture!
Posted by Hilltops and a Valley of Vision at 7:04 AM
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Today I am thankful for:
- God's grace and blessing poured upon six years of marriage.
- my husband who sat up with my youngest last night, when I was at my breaking point.
- wood floors in my kitchen. Hannah is a VERY messy eater.
- spontaneous kisses from my littlest one.
- snuggle time with Abigail this morning, who was up first... so thankful for the extra rest.
- milky and sweet coffee.
- quiet children, one who is asleep.
- an abundant harvest from our garden. I'm looking forward to baking with raspberries and making some homemade spaghetti sauce this weekend.
Posted by Hilltops and a Valley of Vision at 12:47 PM