Friday, January 24, 2014

the spunky middle one





This girl is hilarious. Her eyes are always telling a story. Her mind is always busy trying to figure out puzzles around her. She is her big sister's best friend and dare I say archenemy. That's probably a harsh word, but having to live in harmony is teaching both girls many lessons about sharing, forgiveness and grace. They would be very bored without each other! And with the frigid weather lately, we've been stuck indoors. I'm so thankful that they are happy to keep each other busy!

These are my two favorite pictures of Miss Hannah that I took recently. She is most definitely 2.5. Her vocabulary is blossoming. She sings almost all of the time, and she talks literally until she falls asleep at night.

Almost two weeks ago, we decided to charge into potty training. I woke up one day and said to myself, "No more excuses!" I had been preparing for lots of battles, particularly since Hannah will fight me on pretty much anything if I give her the opportunity. I have given up on nap time. Instead, she has quiet room time (quiet is something that is a daily lesson!). Rodney and I worked very hard to make potty training a positive experience, and we haven't had any battles. She is even waking up dry in the morning and is now having very few accidents. It is a blessing to now only have one in diapers!

So thankful for the laughter (AND the tears - they stretch me and mold me...) that this girl brings into my life.  :)



2 comments:

Teresa said...

I do love her expressive face! And I'm always amazed at how much more she is talking from week to week when I see her.

M & M said...

so much the reminder of my middle!
But we are still in the midst of potty training since she is so stubborn about it.