Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas festivities


The girls and I made Christmas cutouts. As you can see from the pictures, sharing and cookie baking provides lots of opportunities for sharing and growing together in grace, patience and forgiveness:) We frosted and decorated the cookies with friends the following day. I particularly enjoyed the company of friends and sending home the decorated cookies with two other families!


I'm not much of a plan ahead kind of lady these days, so when I asked about joining  a "Jesse tree ornament" group this year, the groups were full. At the very end of November, I learned that there was an opening and a lovely lady at church (who I don't know very well) gifted me a whole set of Jesse tree ornaments. It was such a surprise and blessing! I wrapped 25 ornaments and the girls took turns unwrapping an ornament a day to go with a corresponding devotional. I'm not sure who enjoyed this more -- daddy or the girls :) 


Here's Tabitha "listening" to the devotion too!

Hannah really enjoyed putting the ornaments on the tree everyday. Thankfully, we only had two of the ornaments break. It's a good thing Daddy is super handy with glue!


Here Miss Abigail is snuggling with her daddy. This girl is growing up and becoming quite the helpful young lady :) She turns a big 5!!!! at the end of the month.


These last two pictures I took over our Christmas holiday. It sure is wonderful having daddy home!


As you can tell by all of the recent posts, I've had lots of blog catch up to do. I downloaded almost 600 photos off of my camera earlier this week, and I've finally had a moment to sit, look through them all and do some blogging. My mom made a surprise visit down to visit with my dad, so I've enjoyed having an extra pair of hands that free me up to do some solo grocery shopping and blogging.

We had a busy holiday season and I hope to get to the first of many Christmas postings soon.

No comments: