Saturday, January 11, 2014

Joyeux Noel - in color :)


 Christmas this year was a blending of traditions and cultures, creating a stronger and more loving family. Helen and Daniel flew over from England, along with her parents and two brothers, to celebrate Christmas and the blessing of family. We ushered a new life into the world right before Helen and Daniel were joined in love and marriage, so we missed meeting her family this summer in France. Now having met and come to love her family, I love Helen even more than I did. Her family is so lovely and kind. I appreciate their love for beauty and family. On Christmas year this year we played charades and sang Christmas carols. We also enjoyed mince pies, eggnog and English Christmas cake which were fun additions to our own traditions.
Abigail making mince pies with Lynn

 Abigail fell and split her lip on Christmas Eve. No holiday pictures would be complete without some sort of injury :)

Tom making everyone delicious eggnog


 Baking cookies with Mimi

 Christmas morning!

Reading the last Jesse tree devotion.





I am so blessed to have such a lovely sister!

I'm also thankful that my grandparents were willing to drive over for the day to see us, braving the snow and cold.


Yummy traditional English Christmas Cake

 ...here she looks like a redhead. Hmm, I wonder who she gets it from?

No comments: