Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall Fun!

I took these pictures on two different days - one warm and the other cold! The girls enjoy being outside. Hannah often stands by the glass doors and presses her nose against the glass, hoping I'll stop what I'm doing to bring them outside.



I like this picture in particular because you can clearly see that my girls are "sisters" but that they are also quite different!
 
In recent weeks, the girls have become better playmates. Abigail does a lot of "big sister leading", but Hannah is quite independent and content to move to her own rhythms and leadings. Sometimes the clash calls for mommy intervention!
 
Abigail loves to draw, color and write the letters that she knows. She can write her first and last name, though sometimes she still needs help with "G". Her favorite letter, of course, is the letter A! She's also starting to read simple words, but in all honesty, it's probably not from all of my hard work. Her love affair with books, words and writing has begun!
 
such intensity!
 
down by the bonfire pit...
 
transition to the cold day...
 
Hannah is far more agile and adventurous than Abigail was at this age. She can easily climb the ladder into the tree house by herself, maneuver herself and go down the slide by herself. She still makes me a little nervous, so we're close by. But for the most part, she doesn't need any help.

 
She is quite proud of herself :) 
 
Going down the slide into a big pile of leaves! It is quite a funny thing to watch :) She only has about 4 times down the slide before she's worn out and ready for the swing.


 
I love the leaves stuck in her hair.


3 comments:

M & M said...

beautiful pictures...

and here I was (the Texan), thinking the top pictures must be the cold day (until you showed the cold day)!

Unknown said...

Hannah is looking more grown up all the time. I'm amazed that she can go down the slide herself. Sam thinks he has to walk up stairs and we have not yet showed him he can crawl up them instead. We are selfish parents. :)

Teresa said...

I love Hannah's pink coat! :)