Friday, November 2, 2012

end of harvest

Before our first frost, Rodney picked 5 five gallon buckets of green tomatoes and they have ripened quickly. We've been canning tomatoes every week for months. And now we finally are down to only one tray of tomatoes. I have to say, I'm a bit relieved. Harvest is wonderful, but the forced rest period of winter is something I don't think I've appreciated before! When spring arrives, I'm sure I'll be glad to plan our next garden. Until then, we have lots of tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce stored in our basement.
 
Next spring, Abigail will be an even bigger helper! She enjoyed helping wash the cherry tomatoes this year:)
 


Hannah is not much of a helper yet (no big surprise!). She actually gets into a lot of trouble; she's an adventurous one. I was literally out of the room for 5 minutes yesterday, helping Abigail do her hair before Bible Study. When I came back into the kitchen, I found Hannah sitting in the middle of the kitchen table, holding my salt and pepper shakers, and creating snow all over herself and the table. Oh dear, little one, we're hoping you'll be a better helper next spring too!
 

No comments: