Monday, October 15, 2012

Friday

 
On Friday morning, we rolled out of bed, lathered our fair bodies with sunscreen and grabbed our gear to head to Two Steps for one last snorkeling adventure. I didn't even take any pictures; I just enjoyed "being". For lunch we stopped at a local shop for fish and chips before heading to a coffee plantation for a tour. Below are green coffee beans drying in the sun! Again, I didn't take very many pictures. Perhaps if you're tired of my blog, then you'll  understand that I was tired too. Besides, we were all keeping a 3 year old and 1 year old happy during the tour - not always an easy task!


The plantation also had avocado, papaya and banana trees. But below we took a picture of some of the coffee trees, with a couple banana trees in the background. 100% Kona Coffee is a divine treat. We bought several pounds that we are still enjoying stateside.
 
To go with the coffee, we stopped at a cafe for dessert in the afternoon. I let Abigail pick a dessert to share with me, and she picked Chocolate Cream Pie. It was delicious! The picture doesn't really represent her pure elation. I think the look on her face is intense concentration. Eating chocoalte cream pie is serious business. Rodney enjoyed a large slice of carrot cake (as did my dad), and my mom tried a piece of lilikoi (passion fruit) cheesecake. All were delicious. Hannah was too tired to enjoy dessert and slept through our sweet stop.

I'm pretty sure that coffee and chocolate cream pie taste even better with a view like this!

 
We decided to take one last hike down to the beach from the rental home to enjoy one last sunset. Abigail, to my surprise, hiked the whole way (up and down) without a complaint. I guess Hawaii has a way of making one thankful and full of joy. Perhaps she was too overwhelmed with beauty to worry about whining! My goal for normal life: help her see the beauty in her everyday experiences!
 
 
The road was hard for trucks and people!



 

1 comment:

M & M said...

I am so glad to visit Hawaii with you on your blog! :)