Tuesday, July 21, 2009

just because...

We have had a quiet week here in Houston - spending time with friends, taking evening walks (it is a BIT cooler here in Houston -- we no longer have a heat index of 110) and enjoying movies, desserts and boardgames. At 5 1/2 months, she is doing quite well. We're still working on sitting alone and tummy time:) But she can now officially roll BOTH ways, though she only rolls uncoaxed from back to tummy after fussing and with great determination to get something out of reach:)

Rodney leaves for Lake Tahoe on Wednesday and will get home early Sunday morning. I had to get Abigail ready for bed by myself last night because Rodney was doing some car trouble shooting for a friend. We do okay, Abigail and I, but we miss daddy's bathtime extraordinary skills (and muscles -- she is getting quite heavy these days). So if you think of me this week, I'm going to get to be a single mom for a few days...


Enjoy the pictures and video!

This is about the best she does on her own right now (and for only a short time!)... It sure is fun even color coordinating her diapers! I think this is my favorite FuzziBunz color...






Her hands are almost always in her mouth or looking for something to stick in her mouth.


Hello friends and family! Okay, so she wasn't actually waving, but she sure looks cute all the same! You wouldn't know it, but she wasn't a huge fan of the overalls. They didn't stay on her very long...


I love love love this Baby Bjorn Bib. It catches everything that she spits out of her mouth, and at the end of each feeding, it is rinsed and ready to go for the next feeding. Abigail also likes to try and chew on it in between bites, which doesn't work so well. So we're working on learning some highchair manners...Yes, even Abigail wants her own way too;) So it is quite timely that I just started the book "Shepherding a Childs Heart".



I love this video because it helps everyone understand that Abigail likes to play with her pacifier, just not suck on it. It did, however, help her last through about 15 minutes of the sermon on Sunday, but she did last at the back of the sanctuary, which is better than in the foyer:)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone gave me the Shepherding a Childs Heart and I haven't started it yet. I'm now reading Everyday Talk (HIGHLY recommend it) and Don't make me Count to Three (also good and references the Shepherding book). Where did you find the bib??? Abigail is such a good mix of both of you. A lot of times I see Rodney but then I'll see you too!

Unknown said...

Love the video. She is so much more expressive these days! I can't help but smile at her little whiny noises. Looks like she switched pacifier types now that she's gotten older.