Sunday, July 5, 2009

The First Fourth

We have had a most marvelous weekend! And Abigail officially loves my dear friends as much as I do. Abigail was all smiles for Megan and KC this weekend and was spoiled by lots of hugs and kisses. We played many hands of Rook, ate pie (strawberry and key lime), grilled out, chatted into the early morning and hit the pool. We even were able to catch some fireworks for Abigail's first Fourth of July. She was fascinated by the light and the noises - so we'll be ready to hit the big time fireworks downtown next year:)

It was refreshing having Megan (and KC too) stay with us. She has been a blessing in my life for almost eight years now. We've seen how God has closed and opened doors in our lives, and I'm so thankful that we're close enough to spend some together. Living so far away from home has been difficult, but I am thankful for the blessings that the Lord does give us here in this foreign land of sprawl and southern drawl. And yes - Texas is its own land:)


Miss Abigail "tolerated" swimming for about an hour. She was so tired on our way back to the apartment and fell asleep quickly after she settled into her bed with a full tummy and dry clothes:) She looked adorable in her new swimming suit, if I say so myself:)

I love you, friends!

Our happy little girl...

1 comment:

Megan said...

We love you too!! Miss you already.