Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hawaii in May - Day One, part one

We needed a quiet first day, after an eventful travel day. All in all the girls did "alright" on the long trip to Hawaii. Hannah spit up on the way to the airport and then threw up on the first flight. Thankfully, her blanket caught most of it followed by a garbage bag. She miraculously slept most of the flight and did well on the second flight. Airsickness and exhaustion did not agree with her little tummy.

I don't have many phobias. I do well with blood, am not afraid of heights, have killed my fair share of spiders, and do okay in the dark. I do not however handle vomiting well. I was a bit of a nervous wreck on both flights, as a result, and was ever so thankful for a calm, cool and collected hubby and mom who took care of Hannah on the flight while I wrestled with Tabitha.

And yes, it was rather like a wrestling match at times. Tabitha slept for about 45 minutes on the first flight and 45 minutes on the second flight. She was a very tired little girl that evening, and I was a very tired mommy!

But we did arrive safely with all of our luggage! Our beds were a welcome end to a long day.

So back to our first day!

We drove to the northernmost tip of the island - our end goal was a beautiful hike and ice cream (which is Day one, part two...). After a delicious lunch we spent some time in the small town of Kapaau. The pictures were taken at the King Kamehameha statue. He was the first Hawaiian king to unify all of the islands.



The girls enjoyed roaming and wandering in the warm sun.

My tree huggers.

 I love capturing the smiles on this little girl that I get to see every day. She still wasn't feeling 100%, so the sunshine and fresh air were good for her little body.


No comments: