Friday, June 27, 2014

just miss abigail




This lovely lady has a cold this week, as does her mommy, so we didn't take as many pictures. But I was quite pleased with how this picture shows Abigail's tenderness and gentle spirit. Sometimes I think I enjoy taking photos because it helps me meditate upon what I love most about being a mom - my children's exuberance and joy, the delightful daily memories, watching them grow in character, grace and truth...(just to name a couple of things). This week has been particularly tough for me and this lady. There's been a lot of Spirit work going on in both of us. She has reminded me how much I also am in need of moment by moment grace and fresh mercies each morning.

1 comment:

M & M said...

What a sweet way to word all this! I may have to borrow some of the wording. I think it is important to document for my kids what God is doing in their lives (and mine) but was not sure how to say it without just saying we had a defiant and difficult week. I have been mulling over such a post--we had a week like that last week; You captured this idea so well and so gently yourself!