Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fourth of July

I'll be a broken record and say again how wonderful it is to be close to family.

My in-laws were able to come and spend the weekend with us, which ended up being a double blessing since I had a bad case of mastitis on the 5th. I ended up in bed for two days with a fever. Thankfully, my doctor called in a script for antibiotics. Unfortunately, I had a drug reaction later that week with a systemic rash and pain. Not fun. Thankfully, it's behind me now and I'm feeling much better.

I have lovely in-laws, and my MIL in particular was a huge help over the holiday weekend while the boys completed work projects outside and around the house.

The great irony of the weekend was that it was Rodney's one year Lyme Disease anniversary. Last year, I took the girls to McDonald's for ice cream on the 4th while Rodney lay in bed with chills and a fever. At that point, we had no idea why he was sick or the journey ahead of us. We are so thankful for the Lord's grace and provision for Rodney's health over the last year!

All that said, our actual fourth of July celebrations were quite relaxing. Rodney made a brisket and we had a quite a feast prepared for lunch when my in-laws arrived. Beef brisket on the grill is our tradition that we started in Texas and will probably continue for many years to come.
 






1 comment:

M & M said...

Your girls look adorable--and Hannah looks so much like your mom! (and thus a lot like you) especially in the last picture.

Glad you are recovered. I dealt very briefly (unusually so) with mastitis with Abigail and it was horrible! (and I did not even have the med reaction to add to it)