Friday, October 7, 2011

the Spirit...

This year in BSF we're studying ACTS (of the Holy Spirit), and I am being challenged to truly rely upon the Spirit's work in my life. I am a "do it in my own strength" kind of lady until I'm exhausted and flat on my face in desperate need of the Lord. This last week, our teaching leader painted a picture of how God worked miracles through the apostles and they were met with opposition which led to greater opportunity to spread the Gospel for God's glory. The Spirit gave them the peace and power to persevere with much joy.

Okay, so I'm not being flogged for my faith, nor are my eyes WIDE open to the Spirit's work around me day by day (that is an area for much needed improvement). But I am exhausted and beat down by my circumstances. I am so thankful that the Spirit offers peace and power to persevere with much joy! I am more challenged to push the Gospel plough here in my home - planting Gospel seeds in my daughter's heart.

Speaking of my two year old. She has recently amazed me with her quick mind and ability to memorize scripture. We have this great devotional book that has a verse and devotion for each letter of the alphabet. Abigail has memorized 4 verses just this week - "A soft answer turns away wrath," "Blessed are the peacemakers," "I am the way, the truth and the life," and "Keep your tongue from evil." She loves to sing, another great way to plant truth in her heart. This leaves me trusting that seeds of God's truth will transform my daughter into a little girl after His heart.

So thank you for your prayers. I am a pretty deformed lump of clay most days but I am thankful that God has promised that he'll keep his hand on me until the Day of Christ Jesus, for "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it until the Day of Christ Jesus."

No comments: