Thursday, October 13, 2011

my complicated and beautiful baby

Isn't she beautiful? She's super talkative, loves to smile and recently started laughing. But she's complicated. She doesn't like to fall asleep on her own and is nothing like her big sister, as far as I can tell right now. She still cries A LOT. Abigail still occasionally covers her ears, which is kinda cute.

The big thing that she's teaching me is to be flexible and more laid back. I threw "Babywise" out the window a long time ago, so I carry her around a ton, rock her to sleep and occasionally let her cry for short times when I'm about to pull my hair out. Her favorite way to fall asleep - nestled up close to me or in the car. When she's having a really bad "moment" or "day", we go run errands in the car or go for a walk. My conclusion (at this point at least) - some babies do better on my routine and others do better on their own :)








4 comments:

Megan said...

She's beautiful!!! Precious, precious, precious little girl. Love the pictures.

M & M said...

She is a beautiful little girl! And can so relate to everything you shared...ah, for our 2nd children...

Teresa said...

She may not act like Abigail, but from what I can tell from the pictures she looks an awful lot like her! :)

Erin Wilmoth said...

Amen to changing the program. Babywise was good for David, bad for Judah. I still hold Judah for most of his afternoon nap every day. I'm enjoying the snuggle time and going with the flow.