Thursday, October 13, 2011

Frailty thy name is...

My two year old honey got between 8-10 ant bites on her foot while we were at the park. The crazy thing is that she acted like it was no big deal, which only shows how much she loves being at the park. The next day they called me to pick her up early from Bible Study because she couldn't walk on her foot and it was hot and swollen; off to the pediatrician we go! With antibiotics, benadryl and several Popsicles, she is now on the mend.

...and yes, "Frailty, thy name is Katie." Tuesday night, in an exhausted stupor, I gave my daughter an overdose of her antibiotic, as if I didn't need any more drama in my life. I now know Poison Control's number by heart. Thankfully, Abigail didn't have any side effects, my guilty crying was short-lived, and my pediatrician nurse (her name is Dori -- we talk quite often) assured me that she even overdosed her 18 month old years and years ago. So there you have it, as if you didn't know I was a less than perfect mommy anyways. Sigh. Busy week.



2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my word, friend! I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles! Glad that Abigail is ok through it all. Love you!

Erin Wilmoth said...

Ah! I could write all your blogs! I gave Judah too much Tylenol last weekend! We also called Poison Control and I felt AWFUL. And I wasn't even tired, just not thinking straight...