Wednesday, June 10, 2009

singing, full sized vans and growing up

New Abigail milestones: She is pulling everything into her mouth! She enjoys rolling on her side, but she still isn't rolling over. She is also far more vocal than she was even a week ago. I uploaded a video of her "singing" to mama. She likes to join me at night and during the day when I sing to her:) Today, she woke in the middle of her nap, talked to herself for about 10 minutes and fell back asleep. I love being a mama. Each day I love Abigail more than the day before.

On another note, Rodney goes through fascination phases. He is always fascinated by all things mechanical, which explains the home projects, yard projects and Jeep project (ongoing...). When we were in the Ozarks, Rodney became reacquainted with the joy of boating. He spent days looking on craigslist and e-bay at boat prices (even though we don't have the space for a boat or the time). Now my FIL is in the market for a new vehicle, one that will be able to pull his boat. Rodney is convinced that a full-sized van is the way to go. They're cheap, carry a lot of people and stuff, and have the pulling capacity of large trucks and SUVs. He's now convinced that a full-size van is a good vehicle for us! But I'm not ready to drive a full-sized van:) Baby steps, Rodney. Let me enjoy my small station wagon a little while longer:)

Next week, I'm helping with Afternoons in June at our church (VBS). I'll be helping with the 4th and 5th graders, so please pray that Abigail does well in the nursery. It will be a growing time for both of us! Last night I had a church meeting, so Rodney had a special evening with his little girl, which doesn't happen very often. They played, went for a walk and had a grand old time. She wasn't phased one bit that I was gone, probably since daddy is so much fun!

It's so much fun watching her grow up. Each day is a gift, for which I am incredibly thankful.

soft stuffed animals are delightful friends

an inquisitive little girl...kinda like her mama...

our happy little girl

"This sure tastes good, Mom!"

bubble blowing...

"I can fly!"

the finished bookshelf...

Abigail's nursery (for those of you you haven't seen it...)

chatting up a storm...


1 comment:

Amy said...

Love these pictures, the one where she is smiling makes me want to squeeze her. :)