Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Overstimulation = a sad baby

We went swimming on Sunday. Abigail enjoyed sitting on my lap "out of" the water, even though the water was warm and inviting. We'll give the pool another try soon. Until then, we'll just try to keep her cool and protected from the hot Houston sun.




Afternoons in June (aka - VBS) has been rough so far this week. I've been summoned to the nursery to soothe crying Abigail both days this week, and we left for home early today. She's one of the youngest babies in the nursery, so she's is overwhelmed by the crawlers and walkers, crying, and the loud music (not to mention 5 or 6 strangers all trying to calm you down...).
But I guess I should count my blessings - she has slept through the night for the past two and a half months, she takes long afternoon and morning naps and she greets me with smiles throughout the day.
But being a mom is hard, especially when your baby is inconsolable...being a baby out of routine is probably even more difficult...
Mommy and Baby are both learning lessons this week, so you can keep us in your prayers.

No comments: