Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June Milestones picture update

Abigail is growing and becoming quite the little tanker to carry around! She is reaching for everything, in hopes that it will end up in her mouth. Last night I had her with me in the kitchen as I was getting supper ready. She desperately wanted to help cut up the fruit and vegetables but had to be content to hold the strawberry container. She is also starting to laugh for extended periods - Rodney has a special knack for laughter and she often looks at him as if thinking: "Dad, do something funny!" She is getting better at standing, and I often only need to keep one or two hands on her hips. Sometimes, I think she might walk before she crawls. And I recently ordered some non-toxic/BPA free/phthalate free teethers for her (yes -- cautious mama), which she is enjoying immensely. She gets excited when I bring her a toy and reaches out to me as if to say, "Hurry up, Mom!"

It's been hot here in Houston, and Abigail has gotten to hang out some in her birthday suit to air out:)

A new toy!

She has a flair for the dramatic. She's been a bit demanding the last few days: "Entertain me, Mom!"



"See my cute diapers!"
"I am extremely flexible, and my feet are fascinating!"
I caught the very tail end of her laughing with daddy - she was delighted and full of coos and gurgles but was already well beyond the belly laugh.



This was right before bed a few nights ago - she was tired (and fighting fussiness), but it is so much fun to watch her study her toy and stick it in her mouth...


.

No comments: