Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back home

We made it home today. We got back to our apartment about 4PM today after a full day of hearing the hospital discharge speeches. I now am aware that I shouldn't smoke or use drugs. Man this parenting thing is tough. 

Well, I am already missing Katie's cooking. Today we got home and per the doctors orders, I am making sure Katie doesn't over exert herself. As a result I dusted off the old cooking skills. Simple grilled ham and cheese sandwich, no problem....well so I thought. I think I got it off right before the smoke alarms went off. I managed to eat the sandwich but it did taste a bit like burning. 

Enough cheap laughs from a guy who doesn't know how to cook. Abigail is adjusting to the apartment and continues to sleep a lot. She has been feeding some here at the apartment but please continue to pray that she eats well. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Yay, you made it home! Although I remember being scared to go home and not have the nurses around anymore. Anyhow, hope Katie is recovering well. Is she still in any pain? Can you send me your address?