Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sister Snuggles and Life update

I am very thankful to be 36 weeks pregnant today. I have to admit, that with the arrival of each weekly milestone, I breathe a sigh of relief. Even as I sit and type this, I'm having contractions. They're moderately painful and more regular than I'd like them to be, but that's been the story of my life the last six weeks. One night this week, I had them almost the whole night. I only got a couple of hours of sleep and was rather distraught come 5am. My poor hubby is tired of this trimester too. But I'm doing well and have a hunch that I'll see a 37 week milestone next week and maybe even a 38 week milestone. I will be shocked and very amused if I make it much past 38 weeks, but the Lord is in control (not me) so I just might....

As a result of my irritable uterus, the girls and I have stayed close to home. I had an unplanned trip to the chiropractor on Thursday, and I took the girls grocery shopping afterwards. It was the first time I'd been out of the house by myself with the girls since the end of July. I'm glad our Fall scheduled activities are starting up now as opposed to several weeks ago when I was on bed-rest and still recovering from my burns. The Lord's timing is truly perfect in all things, and sovereignly planned for my sanctification.

Yes, we've been a little stir crazy, but we're doing better than I would have imagined. Abigail and I just finished our third week of homeschooling for the 2014/2015 year. It's also going better than I expected. She's enjoying the reading and math curriculum, and we add writing, spelling, geography and various other disciplines throughout the week too. I'm glad to have her home and have a huge amount of peace about the decision to keep her home. We recently started reading through our first chapter book. I chose Little House in the Big Woods, mostly because I loved the series as a child. Both girls have enjoyed a lot of sitting and reading time.





1 comment:

M & M said...

Been thinking of you and praying for you! Can't wait to hear the exciting news!
Such sweet pictures of the girls. And Tabitha suddenly looks so much older!