Saturday, September 27, 2014

Mimi and Miss T


My mom gave me the best birthday gift by coming down to spend the weekend with us. As a large, pregnant mommy, I especially appreciated having an extra pair of hands to help with my very affectionate children (two who were getting over colds).  Mimi gives great hugs that I think must have healing power.

I had a very low key weekend. My mom watched the girls while Rodney and I ran errands on a date (a true luxury), and then we ordered take out Chinese food for dinner, and Rodney and I finished a movie we had started the previous weekend. It was exactly what we all needed that weekend. 

After eight years of marriage, and three (almost four) kids, Rodney and I rarely watch a movie in one sitting these days. We have this sense that we need to get as much sleep as possible, not knowing when I'll go into labor or who will be up in the middle of the night with dreams or illness. I'm a much better wife and mom when I'm well rested too, but it's funny to think how long it's taken me to figure that out!

 ...another thumb sucker. Miss T is quite the snuggler, and I've been trying to get in extra snuggle time with her recently, as I know I'll have another little person who will need snuggling too.


Miss T is still not walking, mostly because I think she's rather content to crawl. She cruises, will get to a stand in the middle of the floor, and will walk holding hands. She's even taken a couple of steps on her own. So at least there isn't cause to worry....she just wants to wait until the right time for her.

1 comment:

M & M said...

what a treat! Not much longer, right?