Thursday, January 12, 2017

a favorite



I love this picture.

For me, it is a window into the past and present and makes me wonder what the future holds for these two.

Mine in particular is a complex soul. She often tells me, "I just love you, mom." And then in the next breath spins around until she's so dizzy she falls, causing a goose egg to well up under her hair. And today, she pulled her little sister around on the sled because they both enjoy the rush of speed and the cold of the snow. She is a girl of extremes - highs and lows. And oh my, the lows are painful for both of us. They often teach us both about forgiveness, patience and self-control. I pray that the Lord directs her passion for life and gives me the wisdom that I so desperately need. I'm thankful that her highs leave me with smiles and laughter. Her joy is like sunrise that lights the shadows that creep into my life.

Each is different, gifted, and beautiful.

I wonder at who they are becoming. And I pray that the Lord would use me to show her grace, love and mercy, all the while helping her to wonder and grow

No comments: