Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day! Even though I'm busy, I do try to capture some of Charis' first moments. Life probably won't slow down, but it will change. Eventually, I'll be able to make her a Baby's First Year book. 


Tabitha wanted to hold Charis too, which requires a close eye of supervision. :)

Abigail is tickling Tabitha. Hannah is amused by her sister's antics, while Charis remains unfazed. And Rodney has a thick winter beard, surrounded by his many lovely ladies.

He's a blessed man!

And we celebrated with a quiet grilled steak dinner after the girls went to bed, reminiscing to our first Valentine's Day together, which was nine years ago! So thankful for a love that continues to grow. It's a love mirrored after the perfect love of Christ. From I Corinthians 13:

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends.

I certainly can't love my husband or my children this way in my own strength, but I am so thankful that the Lord has given me a new heart and the Spirit to empower me to love my husband in His strength, fueled by new mercies every morning and grace that is abundant for every moment. 

No comments: