Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

We had a very quiet and productive Memorial Day weekend. We had lots of around the house catch up to do, so three very productive days was a blessing. We completed almost our entire to-do list, spending a good portion of the time together and in the garden. Our garden is almost completely "in", with only a couple of seedlings left to plant (which are currently growing in the basement). I harvested my first rhubarb from the planting we put in our first year here. We also have our first lettuce of the season ready to be harvested. In typical fashion, Rodney's garden is even bigger than the last, which is a bit overwhelming. Thankfully, the girls are old enough now that I can help too. Tabitha has a taste for grass, rocks, sticks and dirt, so she does need a watchful eye, which can sometimes be a bit tricky and often comical. Having three little ones regularly provides needed comic relief, since having three also has its sanctifying challenges as well....

my best attempt at three smiling girls :)





 ....and one last picture of real life. This was actually the first picture I took. Tabitha was not in the mood to sit next to her sisters because she wanted to sit in my lap and resisted being put back in the grass.. Daddy had to come over and assist the photographer.


1 comment:

M & M said...

I'm sorry we havent chatted yet. Life has been in transition here recently. Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Love the fact that you put the "real life" picture in. I so often want to include those too so that I remember what it is all about.

How are you feeling? Aren't you just wiped out?