Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer rhythms and routines

We've spent many evenings in the garden, eating ice cream at the Dream Hut and going for walks.

Last weekend we visited Milwaukee and Rockford before our weeks fill up with Fall routines.

I've enjoyed our quiet summer, adjusting to having another little one in the house, but I'm also excited to start Classical Conversations with Abigail, resume Awana, study Romans in CBS and have our friends in our home for Bible Study again on Thursday nights. Busy Fall here we come!


My vote for outside activity - the tire swing. It's much cleaner than the sandbox:) Yesterday, they both needed baths, as they were covered head to toe in sand.








The girls enjoy dress up almost every day!



Making friends with the statues at the library :)

Tabitha is "all smiles" and coos. Of the three, she has been my most chatty, happy infant. I think it's because she has two big sisters who talk to her ALL of the time. Now if only she would sleep better at night! I actually took this photo this morning on my phone. Can't believe she's already 3.5 months old. This picture also showcases Tabitha's blue blue eyes. We shall see if they lighten up like her big sister Abigail's.


Our first melon from the garden. Last year my dad bought us a melon at a farmer's market. I saved the seeds and voila! We only had 4 melons from one vine, but they were delicious!

We've processed SO MANY tomatoes. We have replenished our stores of salsa, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. I have to confess that I'm rather tired of tomatoes. Thankfully, I'm not tired of mozzarella, basil and tomato salads. We've also enjoyed some sweet corn (the raccoons ate a large portion of it), fresh pesto, green beans, peppers, and broccoli. I've made 8 chocolate zucchini cakes this season. And our last plant finally tired of producing zucchini.

1 comment:

M & M said...

sweet, sweet pictures!
I did not know you were planning to do CC with Abigail... WE had debated about doing that with D this year but will reassess next year. This year's flexible and relaxed schedule seems to fit where he is right now.