Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Reception for Dan and Helen part two (Family!!!)

Since I was hosting, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I had planned in my head. I don't ever seem to take enough pictures! This is the main reason why I had a friend come take pictures of the immediate family when all was quiet and calm and still. Those pictures will be ready soon! All that said, I did take some family pictures:)

I really like this one of me and my brother. Thanks, Uncle Scott, for humoring me and taking the picture. Since we were climbing in the tree, the girls were soon climbing in the tree too. I did not get any pictures of their antics because I was trying to keep them from being hurt. Abigail was soaking wet, as you will see in a future post and she did skin her bottom at one point, but at least she didn't break any bones!


The Higgins Family picture turned out quite well. It was such a blessing to have so many of my mom's family here from Iowa. 

 I waited too long to take the Hekel family pictures. Very sad. As you can tell from Rodney's comedic routine, he was trying very hard to keep the middle one happy. But it was wonderful to have them here! And this picture still brings me joy!

I did snap a quick picture of Grandma Joyce with Helen and Dan :) Success! Sometimes I think people get annoyed with me when I request family picture time, but I know deep down that everyone likes looking at the pictures after the fact. Right?!

I have a GREAT dad, who loves me and all of his granddaughters. Isn't Tabitha getting to be so big!

 My Aunt Tanna is so sweet. I only wish that I knew her better. The last time I had seen her and my Uncle Kent was when I was 17 years old. We're hoping we won't have to wait so long to see them. It was fun to hear how God has been at work in her and Uncle Kent.

Grandpa Dean catching up with Helen

Love Uncle Kent and Aunt Tanna!

No comments: