Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today, I'll be honest, gratitude isn't coming naturally to me. It's most definitely intentional work! But I suppose on days when I'm feeling grumpy, tired, and spread too thin it's even more important to put I Thessalonians 5:16-18 into practice.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Things I'm thankful for today:
  • a decaf Starbucks latte on my way home from CBS.
  • afternoon sunshine (after a morning of dismal gray)
  • a sleeping almost two year old...(who is fighting off a cold, teeething and discovering her independent stubborn will)
  • some "new to me" maternity shirts that help make me feel pretty and atrractive. In desperation last week I went shopping on e-bay after not finding any good deals at Target. Success!
  • leftover apple pumpkin bread - moist, flavorfull and packed with pumpkin and whole wheat
  • a healthy report at my 30 week appointment on Monday. My BP is normal, all of my blood work came back normal and baby is healthy and growing (measuring 31 weeks and ~3lb12oz). I am thankful to stay off bed rest as long as possible:)
  • a relatively "tidy" house before Bible Study tonight.
  • not having any responsibility to cook for Bible Study tonight! I am SO thankful in particular this week that the dinner plans are covered :)
  • late night talks with my hubby, who is my best friend and the reassurance of His love and commitment to me as my husband and the father of our growing family.
  • God's faithfulness even when we aren't faithful to Him.

No comments: