Friday, January 18, 2013

Early morning gratitude

(written a week ago -- for some reason, it did not want to post on the Ipad!)

This morning, I am thankful for many things:

  • Early morning energy - this morning I asked my husband if I could make him breakfast. His reply: "You must have slept well last night." :) I have been particularly tired this week, so rising early is truly a miracle!
  • Extended quiet time in the Word this morning.
  • God's faithfulness to me, especially when I'm not faithful to Him.
  • Strong coffee and now a big thermos of rooibos tea.
  • Healthy and cheerful kids. 
  • Warm pajama snuggles from my girls.
(written today)

  • a late start to the morning (all three of us girls are fighting off colds, so the extra sleep is a blessing, as are children who sleep throught the night -- especially when sick!)
  • leftover blueberry baked oatmeal -- my current favorite breakfast
  • napping children and a quiet afternoon - another blessing for a mommy who isn't feeling 100%
  • a whole new group of friends who love our children abundantly every Thursday night. I am amazed at how God perfectly provides.
  • the joy of reading the Word to my girls and their excitement to learn about Him.
  • delicious pumpkin bread and homemade calzones (the pizza dough is currently rising!)

No comments: