Monday, September 17, 2012

My First Full Day in Hawaii (morning)

 
On our first full day on the Big Island of Hawaii, I slept in late. Yes, my dear husband and parents entertained the munchkins and made breakfast. When I finally did roll out of bed, my mom brought me a cup of coffee, and they left with the rest of the family to go explore the beach at the bottom of the hill. I grabbed a bagel, coffee, and my Bible and then spent the next hour sitting outside on the porch swing.
 
Surrounded by beauty, my heart could not help but sing praise to God - praises of thanksgiving, joy, awe and contentment. Stillness, quiet, peace, beauty.... I could not have been given a more perfect gift on my first day of vacation.
 
Psalm 46: 10 "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted amount the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
 
I could see all of these flowers and plants from the swing. I grabbed my camera just as I saw (and heard) my family coming up the hill!
 
 







No comments: