Saturday, December 12, 2009

overdue Abigail update

It is 9am on Saturday morning, and Abigail and I are having some girl time before daddy wakes up this morning. We have had a busy 9 weeks, and we're all looking forward to some R&R over the holidays.

Abigail is now 10 1/2 months old, which is hard for me to believe, and has hit several new milestones in the last couple of weeks. I should come to expect that she usually hits her milestones a couple of weeks after her pediatrician tells me she should. This leaves me biting my nails for a couple of weeks, leaving me to trust the Lord.

Abigail is finally pushing herself up to a sitting position all by herself. She's been sitting well for a long time, and all the books said that babies learn to crawl when they fall forward on to their hands and knees. Not Abigail! She would go directly to her tummy and roll. She still isn't crawling, and I expect that she'll go right to walking. She has excellent balance and cruises all over the house, as long as she has something to lean against. She has perfected her roll, sit up and pull up technique, though she's still not pulling herself up on every piece of furniture.

Where does that leave me? Busy! She now needs constant vigilance and some extra consoling when she takes a tumble. She has had a few bumps and bruises in the last couple of weeks, but she's a resilient little girl.

Daddy is awake, so I'll leave you to go make breakfast. Happy Saturday to you all! Hopefully we'll get to see you soon:)

\
I got here all by myself!
If you look closely, you can see her bottom tooth!


Abigail is eating cheerios, puffs, potatoes, carrots and bananas (sometimes...these are a bit slimy and hard to pick up...). Thankfully, she also still lets me feed her pureed baby food to supplement her newfound feeding skills that still need some polishing.




1 comment:

Jamie said...

the lighting on those window pictures is PERFECT! i love the extra close-up!