Friday, November 13, 2009

So Big!

(a special Abigail update for the Grandmas and Grandpas)...

Abigail is starting to make some big leaps forward in her development, which is reassuring for me. She's never been ahead of the curve developmentally, so I get to wait patiently for these milestones. In the past few days, she just started pulling herself up to a stand, cruising in her crib, and taking baby steps while holding on to my hands. She is also scooting more on her butt, and still has her favored roll and twist technique to locomote around her crib and the house. She's still not crawling and still doesn't have any teeth:) We're also still working on getting from her tummy to a sitting position. Since she's not crawling and doesn't stay on her tummy for long periods, this will be a bit of a challenge:) She's not proficient at any of these milestones yet, and I still hear plenty of whining when I don't immediately jump up to help her. But she's making good progress.

Abigail also just started eating finger foods. As of today, she's still not a fun of anything squishy, and makes funny faces when I put bananas, fresh pears, bread and cheese on her tray. But she is a big fun of Gerber sweet potato puffs and cheerios. We'll just have to keep working on all of those new textures.

My hubby has now been home about 20 minutes, and is in bed for a morning nap, hoping to get rid of his sore throat. I pray that some extra rest will rejuvenate his travel weary body. Abigail isn't quite ready for her morning nap, but when she lays down, I think the whole Harms family will enjoy some shut eye.

No comments: