Thursday, November 19, 2009

oh the weather outside is...

Well it's not quite "frightful", but the weather here in Houston has certainly not been warm the last couple of days! We even dropped into the mid forties (at night of course) several times this week. I was sitting with the other women in a church small group, and I was surprised to hear that everyone has turned on their heat for the year here in Houston. For the record, we're still keeping our master bedroom windows open, and the house drops to a chilly 71 at night. It is a chilly 71, though, and to keep Abigail from waking up in the middle of the night from a chill, we got out the fleece pajamas this week. Here are a few pictures of Abigail sporting her fleece pjs.



I celebrated Christmas in November a couple of days ago when I went through my winter clothes. I pulled out sweaters that I forgot I even had, since I didn't get to wear them last year (due to my baby bump). I've been back in my pre-pregnancy clothes now for a while, so it was fun to discover a whole "new" wardrobe. But my doctor was right, though I didn't believe him at the time. Even though the scale says one thing, my post-Abigail body isn't quite the same:) C'est la vie.

The Lord has been doing a lot in my heart over the past couple of months, and it's never a pain-free process. I'm learning that I have a lot to learn about grace, but more to come on that in the weeks to come...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Abigail's awake...gotta run)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still can't believe how big she is! Standing and pulling up... oh my. :)

So funny that people have their heat on. Our thermostat is set to 68 most of the time... you're not even that cold!