Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Harms!


Happy Birthday Grandma Harms! I thought I would post some new pictures just for you today. We all went swimming Friday afternoon and enjoyed the water immensely. Though not as warm as it was in July, it was still quite refreshing. Abigail likes to splash, float and kick her legs in the water. I think we'll have a hard time staying out of the pool next summer!

We had some friends over for burgers, brats and games on Saturday night, and Rodney and I are now fans of "Settlers of Catan". Rodney is actually at their townhome as we speak to help rip out a tile floor. Abigail has been sleepy today, so I got to go back to bed this morning and she's already down for her afternoon nap. We both needed the recharge. I have been in a funk - kinda spacey, kinda low, and I think I just needed some more sleep:)

Abigail seems to enjoy fruits and vegetables. So far she has done well with peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, peaches and bananas. Green beans were a bust and were tramatic for all of us. I truly think they were the root cause of the fussiness and nap boycot. Today, we are trying avocados and then we will try pears at the end of the week! I am enjoying making homemade baby food - which is on the to-do list for today:) She ate the last of the carrots for lunch today.

I hope you have a great birthday, Grandma Harms. We're sorry we cannot celebrate with you, and we look forward to Thanksgiving! We love you very much!


Your son is a great husband and daddy, and he's quite handsome too!


Abigail enjoyed splashing in the water.





We had the pool all to ourselves. It was lovely.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Katie, I had fun catching up with you via reading your blog. We love the game Settlers of Catan also, though I have yet to win.:)

Good to see you all are doing well.