Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Last night with Grandma and Grandpa Hekel

I am behind on my blog postings, so I have a bit of catch up to do.

We had a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Hekel. We even played a few games of pinochle the last night they were here. The Harms' were soundly beaten, evidenced by Grandpa Harms' hand below (proof for Uncle Dave) - a Double Marriage, Double Pinochle and Kings around. He melded his entire hand!

I found myself wishing my mom could have been here for the first week home from the hospital, but the Lord knew I needed here here for the second week. It was a blessing to have an extra hand and company for middle of the night feedings. I am feeling as good as I do now because my parents came down to visit. Thank you mom and dad.

And I found myself thinking while my mom was here - I will be doubly blessed if I have as good as a relationship with my own daughter as I have with my mom. I am so thankful for her friendship, and I pray our little girl loves her daddy as much as I love mine.






1 comment:

Megan said...

Look at Abigail's little chunky arms! She's looking so much "fuller" than when I saw her. Good job, momma.