Thursday, February 4, 2016

Christmas Eve


The Christmas Eve service was rather entertaining. The highlight: Hannah belted out, "Away in a Manger," along with a couple of other carols that were not sung. She rather likes, "Go tell it on a mountain," and she wanted to make sure it was included in the program.We kept the people sitting near us entertained.

I spent the majority of the service wrestling a very squirmy 1 year old. Foolish mom that I can sometimes be, I thought I'd be able to handle holding a candle and a child - not so. I think I dripped a little bit of wax in the church before I decided I needed to blow out my candle and take CJ to the back of the church!

I do love tradition, and my family always eats chili after church on Christmas Eve. Chili is a favorite in our home and even better the day before Christmas.

Here, Abigail was reading the Bible passage for the Christmas Eve devotion. I caught her mid-sentence!


My babies don't sit well for family devotions, especially at 8pm!

This girl loves Camus. What's not to love? He's furry and soft, and is about the most patient dog that I've ever met.


Taking pictures after church, after dinner, after devotions and right before bed doesn't have a very high success rate.

And my middles are making faces at each other. 



No comments: