Saturday, August 16, 2014

Kite flying


We had a mildly windy day on the 5th of July, so Papa was particularly wonderful to let the girls fly their kites. Papa definitely got a good workout, running back and forth with the girls, trying to get their kites into the air!


I like this picture for two reasons - Abigail's wide open mouth and a glimpse of our large garden. This is our first year that we've successfully been able to grow sweet corn. My girls LOVE sweet corn and are happy to have an abundance at our dinner table.

 ...in stride :)

 I took a seat in the grass, enjoying the joy of my children and the beauty of being down on our property.


I think Papa was having fun too! I couldn't help but reminisce of all the times my dad took me and my brothers out to throw a baseball, fly a kite, or go for a family bike ride. I have a great dad.





No comments: