Sunday, March 2, 2014

T is 9 months

 Tabitha is 9 months old. She is standing, rocking on all fours (not quite crawling), eating lots of solid foods and some finger foods, drinking from a cup, clapping, waving and developing quite the little personality. I even had a friend tell me that she thinks Tabitha is going to be the most extroverted of my bunch! Ha! We shall see; she has quite the competition with her eldest sister:) Tabitha loves to interact with people and has developed quite a loud voice. Sometimes, she and Hannah like to yell back and forth at each other, making quite entertaining dinner time conversation.


At her 9 month appointment she weighed 21.67 pounds and was 28.5 inches tall. She is quite the chunk. I didn't need the doctor to tell me that she was a big girl; my arms have known it for a while.


Tabitha is sleeping better at night. For a while (a couple of weeks), she was even sleeping through the night. But teething tends to interrupt her sleep, so she's usually up once (around 4am), which isn't terrible considering she's in bed asleep between 6:30 and 7:00pm. She usually goes back to sleep until 7:30 or 8:00am. I'm not sure if this is because she's ready to get up or because her older sisters are noisy. It's probably a combination of the two.

For the record (since I go back to the blog when I get around to making her baby album), she has 5 teeth! This amazes me, since me other two didn't get their first teeth until 10 and 11 months.


Introducing solid foods hasn't been completely easy. Of my three, she is the only one to struggle with constipation. So she gets to eat lots of prunes and I encourage her to drink diluted juice, which she seems to like. Poor thing! She HATES bananas, and prefers all things savory to sweet. For example, she'd rather eat peas or green beans than pears and peaches.


Tabitha is our littlest blessing, and we are so thankful for her! I can hardly believe that she's 9 months!

1 comment:

M & M said...

As she ages, life gets busier and more complicated for a while...
Good thing she does not like bananas and yeah for the peas! Peas work almost as well as prunes for my constipated kiddos.
Hope we can catch up on our busy lives come summer. :)