Friday, May 25, 2012

trip to Iowa


A couple of weeks ago, we had a girls trip over to Iowa to see my grandparents, who I hadn't seen in over a year. My dad was in Australia on business and my husband had a very long "honey do" list, so the menfolk were very occupied in our absence.

It was lovely to see both of my grandparents and most of my aunts and uncles! Abigail enjoyed her first ice cream cone, which was fitting in Iowa, since I enjoyed many ice cream cones in my childhood and youth.

It is wonderful to be back in the Midwest and close enough to pop over and see family. I don't think you pop anywhere in Texas. The state is so big!

Hannah was quite taken with my Grandpa and my Uncle Doug. Meanwhile, Abigail was quite the busy three year old at my Grandpa's care center. There was a sweet lady there who Abigail kept bringing toys to. They played together almost the whole time we were there. There is quite a connection between the very young and old.

I am so blessed to have a wonderful family and celebrate life across four generations!



No comments: