Thursday, June 9, 2011

36 weeks

At my doctor appointment yesterday, I was surprised to hear that I am 3.5cm dilated. I am thrilled, but the huge part of me that likes to plan my life is a little overwhelmed. I have to admit, I was hoping to have at least two or three weeks more to prepare for our little one. Rodney has one more short trip next week. Our good friends who are planning to help us with Abigail are in Greece. And yesterday, I came down with Abigail's cold - sneezing, runny nose, congestion, cough...fun times:)

And on another note, my blood pressure was high the second week in a row. My second BP readings have always been normal, but as a consequence, I'm also now on modified bed rest. This proves to be challenging with an almost 2.5 year old. My instructions are to lie down for 20 minutes every two hours. I at first thought this would be "no big deal", but yesterday I realized just how much I am on my feet. Whew! And I also get to do a 24 hour urine collection to rule out preeclampsia.

So that's that. A VBAC is looking very promising, especially since I've been relatively comfortable. But I am praying that the Lord will help Abigail and I fight these colds and that the baby will hang on a little while longer:) Thanks for praying. It's comforting to know that the Lord is good ALL the time and the one who is REALLY in control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH how I love you sweet friend! Praying for you to feel better and get rest. Wish I could come play with Abigail and make you tea and do pedicures! Hoping you're enjoying your Saturday today!
Love you, Julianne