Tuesday, August 24, 2010

in Texas limbo

I have had a couple of challenging weeks. No, I've had a challenging six months that has only shown itself in the last two weeks.

About a month ago, we learned that our time in Texas would extend for another year. Rodney's new management came down for a visit and discovered that Rodney has a pivotol role still to play for the business. Rodney and I both believe that this is truly the best decision for CAT and a good decision for our family. But that doesn't mean the news hasn't at times been hard to swallow.

I am used to transience. I lived in six states before I turned 7 and then moved overseas at the end of elementary school for a five year chunk of my life. As a result, I start to get a cabin fever of sorts after a couple of years; I become ready for new adventure. So you would think that life in a new place should come easily. It normally does.

I think the last two years have been hard because we still haven't found a church home. We loved our first church but sin destroyed the church, prompting the move to the second church. After countless attempts to find community and serve the Body, Rodney and I still feel as though we were strangers in a community where we've been involved for a year and a half.

The Lord has blessed us with a couple that have become very close and dear friends. We actually met them when they were visiting the church over a year ago and invited them over to our home. John is a worship leader and has been filling in at another church, where they now feel led to attend. We just visited two Sundays ago and felt "the fit" immediately. The preaching was excellent and Word centered, the music God honoring and glorifying, and the people are kind and tenderhearted, easy to talk to. And they have Sunday school, which we have been missing.

So that's the present news - here for another year and at a new church. I have many more thoughts, particularly about how the last two weeks have been challenging, but that will wait until another day.

Meanwhile, my sweet daughter is still awake in her crib (even though I put her down about 25 minutes ago). Below is a recent pic of her new to us table that I recently found on craigslist. She loves to sit with her books and babies!

1 comment:

M & M said...

I do know what a challenge limbo can be, but I am so glad you have found another church home!
(and that I have found your blog!)
Thanks for lunch and the swim yesterday. (I updated, and will try to follow up with an email too, my blog with info and pictures of the latest blurb book)