Tuesday, August 31, 2010

19 months

We are beginning to see glimpses of our daughter's heart. She is a tender and sweet girl. She cries when others cry and laughs when they laugh. She is quick to share her toys with other kids, and runs to give hugs to our friends when they come to visit. She doesn't like missing out on family prayer time and hugs. She reaches up to take our hands in hers saying, "Amen. Amen. Amen." Last night she was sitting on Rodney's lap saying, "Please Daddy." And when asked, "Do you love daddy?" She replied, "I do."

But it's not all hugs and smiles here in our home. We started doing "time outs" this last week, and she walks to her time-out wall, though we have a lot of work to do in this area. I did, however, hear something that sounded like "sorry" today. This realm of parenting certainly keeps me on my knees.

I am thankful everyday for this precious, sweet girl that the Lord has entrusted to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's BEAUTIFUL.