Monday, April 19, 2010

the word is -- intentional

Wow, I am tired today. I think it's a combination of sorts - allergies, rain, and many long days. Rodney has been VERY busy with work. He had several late nights last week and was gone all weekend. This leaves me tired. And I don't see much rest for him in his near future. Which means I need to rest in the Lord.

So in my afternoon ponderings, I decided to start memorizing the book of Philippians. Yes, that's a big goal, but I memorized all of chapter 2 and most of chapter 3 two years ago. It will be more of intentional scripture meditation that brings memorization. This is exactly the structure that my summer devoid of BSF and church Bible study needs.

Yes, the word is - intentional. I need more intentionality in my life, especially when I'm tired. I need to intentionally go out of my way to serve my husband, spend precious moments with my daughter, and bring that cup of cold water to the people in my circles...

So here we go:

Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, to all the saints in Christ Jesus, with the overseers and deacons. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: