Thursday, May 7, 2009

Please don't take me out to the ballgame

Well, we've come to find out that Abigail is truly a White Sox fan (just like daddy). She was just so upset that we had to see the Cubs instead, that she could not settle down.

Translation -- Rodney and I were a bit too optimistic, and Abigail was upset by the loud crowds, the humidity, and being plain tired. We stayed until the end of the 6th inning. She cried (I cried in the car), and Rodney was left to sigh (both his girls had seen better days...). Poor daddy.
But it wouldn't be right to complain! We do have so much to be thankful for. For one, she sleeps through the night (and doesn't cry at bedtime). She takes good naps. She's a good eater. And she's meeting milestones...sooooo...no complaints;)

But it was a learning experience for us all. I think my little girl likes her quiet routine. But in just over a week, her nice routine will be out the window, and we'll be on the road to visit friends and family.

On another note -- I've been finding bargains. I recently bought a highchair, bookshelf for the nursery, two play sets and a bunch of clothes in much bigger sizes for very good prices. Thank you Craigslist!!! It's a lot easier on my budget when I can buy a cute lightly used outfit or wood puzzles for a dollar rather than $10 or $20:) And the plastic toys won't end up in a landfill. They will hopefully be happily used by several munchkins:)

This was Abigail before the baseball game -- I was entertaining her while we waited for Rodney to get done at work. I drove downtown to pick him up from the oil convention...

And this was Abigail this morning - happy as can be...

I love her cheeky grin.
These pants are supposed to fit a 6 month old! Are they supposed to be capris style?

I thought Abigail might be captivated with herself during tummy time. She was! It sure is nice having big mirrors in her nursery:)


The following video is an example of what I do when Rodney has to work late or travel - my little girl is so entertaining and also becoming quite the little talker (aka coo-er).


No comments: