Monday, December 22, 2014

Thanksgiving (catch up)

Life is busy, full and good, but I don't have a lot of extra time for blogging. So these posts will be short and probably not as thoughtful as I'd like them to be.

We had a good Thanksgiving holiday spent in Milwaukee with my family. It was extra special because Dan and Helen were able to spend the holiday with us too. It was the first time in more than three years that all three of us Hekel children were together, and I'm thankful to now have another sister in-law too.

We did, however, have some holiday bumps along the way. Hannah didn't look good on the morning of Thanksgiving, and my mommy instincts proved right. Thankfully, I didn't force her to sit at the table with us for the big turkey meal, and sure enough, in the middle of the family dinner, she started throwing up. Not fun (especially since I have a stomach flu phobia...)! Rodney and I finished our cold turkey and mashed potatoes in shifts. My husband is so wonderful. He did the clean-up bath and stripped the sheets. I am beyond thankful, believe me. Did I already mention that I have a stomach flu phobia. Uggh. I didn't even eat dessert. I didn't feel well either (stomach flu phobia...), so didn't miss the pie that I usually so look forward to eating.

Consequently, I didn't take the as many pictures as I would have liked. I'm still praying that we make it through this next holiday season healthy.

I was also thankful to get to see three of my grandparents and my Uncle Scott. In this season of life, we just can't physically see everyone and do everything and be everywhere, so when people make the effort to come see us, it's a true gift.

snow is even more fun with a doting aunt, uncle and playful puppy!

mimi and miss T.

my girls are blessed to have great-grandparents too!

Uncle Dan is a good sport and read many books to my girls.

more book reading....so thankful for my grandparents!

a snuggly, sleepy baby is hard to resist...

And I was especially glad to have my in-laws come over for the day. They are lovely and always so helpful. I know my mother appreciates their help, and it was a relief knowing they were there while we tended a sick child.

Beautiful Chef Helen and I captured Uncle Dave in the background too :) Sneaky :)
 

Uncle Scott entertaining the girls :) They are well-loved little girls.

So thankful we got to spend time with Uncle Dan!

Thankful. Sleeping Baby. Happy Puppy. Happy girl. Blessed mommy.




No comments: