Friday, November 5, 2010

what a week

Monday - an off day, teething toddler...

Tuesday - my little girl has the stomach flu, a first for both of us. My poor baby would say, "all done...all done...," and cry every time she got sick. It wasn't fun for either of us.

Wednesday - Mommy has the stomach flu all night, sleeps very little, and prays as she watches the hours drift to morning that she would have the strength for day.

Thursday - a very hard day, nauseous, exhausted

Friday - hubby arrives home from Canada around 12:30am...so far, it's the best day of the week...

And I'm thanful for -

My girlfriend Jaclyn. She came over Monday night to keep me company and watch our traditional "Alias" episode, and though I didn't see her on Thursday, she dropped off Sprite and crackers on her way to work.

The Lord's perfect timing. It was much better to be sick all night than to be sick all day. Having the stomach flu with my hubby gone couldn't have worked more perfectly. As much as I would rather not have the stomach flu, some things just can't be avoided. And if anything, it is always good for my sanctification. It helps me find my way to my knees.

My daughter's nap schedule and flexible schedule altogether. I'm so thankful for naps.

And finally, it is good to have my husband home. I am so blessed to have an extra pair of helping hands in this walk of life and parenting.

No comments: