Wednesday, May 19, 2010

home away from home...

I grew up living all over the United States and all over the world. Never having lived anywhere more than about 4 years, I find that I am resolved to make wherever I live my home. And though the Lord helps me find contentment and new family wherever he brings me, I still leave memories and loved ones behind.

Many people ask me whether I want to move back to family. And the answer is always complicated. I have settled into life down south. The Lord has blessed us with a good church and many friends. And yet, I am looking forward to being able to see Grandparents during the week and on weekends and to being able to walk to a handful of friends' homes for playdates. It was so good to see the new church building and grow excited about the work God is doing. Soon we'll get to be a part of that again. But for now, we have our own unique purposes here down South.

We had a sweet Mother's Day celebration in Rockford with my hubby's family. I couldn't have asked for a more lovely day. We saw friends at church and enjoyed one last meal before heading to see my family. We relaxed (and recovered -- we picked up a bug on the plane) during the week while Rodney worked. We even got to go on a date to a close friend's wedding. Abigail stayed behind with Grandma and Grandpa, her first bedtime without mommy and daddy, and did great! She is already missing Camus, Cobi, and Salem (and her grandparents too!)... The airplane rides were relatively uneventful, but one traveler did comment, "Wow, she really is squirmy!" Thankfully, she's also cute and very sociable - her saving grace:)

I actually didn't take very many pictures during the week, but here are a few of the highlights.




Happy Mother's Day!!!



Camus shared his toys happily with Abigail...

toys at Grandma and Grandpa's house...

No comments: