Tuesday, October 27, 2009

9 months

When she was born, I blinked, and now she's nine months old. Today she had her well-baby check-up. She has consistently stayed in the 90% for her height and head circumference and in the 50-75% for her weight. She tends to grow long and then fill out. I guess she's in a long phase right now. These percentiles always reassure me that she's actually eating enough. Rodney always rolls his eyes, but I have a hard time gauging how much she's actually eating since we're still breastfeeding. She only takes between 5 and 10 minutes to nurse (crazy -- persevering through those first months totally pays off).

So for all of the grandparents and great grands who like to know...

;)

Weight: 19 pounds, 12 oz.
Height: 28.5 inches
Head Circumference: 45.5 cm

I just took these pictures in the middle of an afternoon walk. It's seventy degrees and sunny here in Houston today:) My car said it was 59 degrees on my way to her doctor appointment. COLD! Well, not really, but I did see someone wearing a winter coat today. Ha! I do, however, know that I have acclimated to this warmer weather, and I'm not quite sure how I'll adjust to the cold up north over the holidays...perhaps it's good that we'll be in Tennessee for Thanksgiving. It will be a warm-up for an Illinois Christmas.









She's starting to pull herself up and likes playing the piano on her knees:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my lands, I'd say your doing quite well! I always worry about how much they're getting too.