Monday, December 8, 2008

Heels, nosebleeds and the Christmas spirit

Rodney took me to see the Houston Ballet perform The Nutcracker on Saturday evening. It was marvelous! High heels were therapeutic for my pregnant soul, though I was ready to take them off at the end of the evening. Something magical happened when they were on my feet. No longer was a huge 32 weeks pregnant woman. In the same way that the nutcracker transformed into a handsome prince, I felt suddenly feminine and full of life and energy.

We did have nosebleed section seats, though, to the extent that it was almost terrifying to find our way to our seats (especially in high heels). I had never seen so many balconies. But nosebleed section seats let you see everything from a birds eye view. It was wonderful just to sit next to Rodney, holding his hand, soaking it all in.

The evening certainly helped put me in the Christmas spirit. It's been a bit difficult to feel Christmas in the air when Houston temperatures are in the mid seventies during the day. There certainly isn't any jack frost nipping at your nose. The Nutcracker was the perfect antidote to my laundry list of things to accomplish before Baby arrives (which at times can be quite overwhelming). Now that our nursery furniture has arrived, along with a carseat and stroller, the reality of baby coming is finally starting to sink in! I am so thankful that I had a whole evening set aside to begin to enjoy this season of Christmas.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

you guys look SO cute!!! YEA!! I LOVE the baby bump, Katie!! I wish we lived closer and we could compare-- ha ha! Enjoy the last 8 weeks of "freedom"... ha ha ha!!

Megan said...

Beautiful, friend. Simply beautiful.